Friday, February 11, 2011

TIME

Photo courtasy of Unethical Kid

Time is such a funny thing. Something we worry about, try to slow down, speed up; something we can't control, yet can control...at least how we use it.

Time is something we never really think about, but should.

I received a book called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young from my Mom for Christmas this year. It is a "365-day journaling devotional" and is just wonderful. The passage from yesterday really HIT me:

"Trust Me enough to spend ample time with Me, pushing back the demands of the day. Refuse to feel guilty about something that is so pleasing to Me, the King of the universe. Because I am omnipotent, I am able to bend time and events in your favor. You will find that you can accomplish more in less time, after you have given yourself to Me in rich communion. Also, as you align yourself with My perspective, you can sort out what is important and what is not.
Don't fall into the trap of being constantly on the go. Many, many things people do in My Name have no value in My kingdom. To avoid doing meaning less works, stay in continual communication with Me. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you."
Luke 10:41-42; Psalm 32:8

I have been "on the go" my entire life. Constantly filling my days with who knows what/who. Right now, I'm literally at a stand-still. emphasis on the STILL. My internship in Atlanta is amazing, I couldn't be happier...but of course I am looking ahead and constantly asking "whats next?"
I think I'm at a point where God is asking me to just STOP. Stop making plans, stop trying to create a perfect life (or the life I envision to be perfect). To just be at Peace and have faith in Him to use my time for the plan He has (which I'm sure is SO much cooler than mine!).

Apart from what I spend my days doing, I have really started to think about who I spend my time with. Moral of the story: STOP TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN and just be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment